As you can see in Midtown, Atlanta, an urban forest can transform a hectic, bustling city into a tranquil, healthy, and joyful place to visit. So, why take the Midtown Atlanta Arboretum walking tour? Because you will notice a variety of trees as diverse as our historic homes and landscape.
The Midtown Atlanta Arboretum walking tour will provide you with a variety of benefits and experiences:
- Nature and Greenery: Our Midtown Arboretum is a lush and beautiful area, providing a serene environment away from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. Walking the arboretum is a great way to connect with nature, enjoy the beauty of various plants and trees and, above all, experience a sense of tranquility.
- Physical Activity: Walking tours provide a low-impact form of exercise, with health benefits like improving cardiovascular health and boosting your mood. Above all, a walking tour is an enjoyable way to get some exercise while exploring our unique part of Atlanta!
- Cultural and Historical Insight: The Midtown Arboretum provides insight into the cultural and historical significance of the area and how the architecture has evolved over time. Granite markers display distinctive tree facts on many of the trees in this arboretum.
- Photography Opportunities: If you're into photography, our Midtown Arboretum provides a plethora of beautiful and unique scenes to capture. From colorful flowers to towering trees, you’ll find numerous opportunities to take stunning photos.
- Relaxation and Stress Relief: Walking in a peaceful environment surrounded by nature can be incredibly calming and therapeutic. It's a chance to disconnect from screens, social media, and other stressors and just enjoy the present moment.
- Family or Group Activity: Arboretum tours can be a great family or group activity. It's an opportunity to bond with loved ones while exploring a shared interest in nature and the outdoors.
- Personal Reflection: Nature walks offer a chance for personal reflection and meditation. Surround yourself with greenery and natural beauty to encourage mindfulness and help you disconnect from everyday life stresses.
If you enjoy nature, learning, and spending time outdoors, the Midtown Atlanta Arboretum tour is a rewarding and enriching experience!
Explore More History at Our Midtown Atlanta Inn
Did you know that Stonehurst Place is on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Certified Wildlife Habitat? George Burch Hinman, a well-known entrepreneur of the 19th century, built this mansion in 1896 for his family. Today, it’s home to luxurious accommodations and modern amenities. Plus, not only is Stonehurst Place in the middle of the Midtown Arboretum but also it has a contributing tree on the walk! Look for the granite marker near the Piedmont Avenue at the old, original front steps.
You have eight elegant rooms and suites to choose from for your stay, including the Gables Suite. This beautiful retreat features a luxurious, king-size bed, plush sofa, and museum-quality artwork. The bathroom even has heated marble floors! Make your reservations today and see why Stonehurst Place is the best place to stay in Midtown Atlanta.