The Stonehurst Place Health & Safety Response to COVID-19
At Stonehurst Place, we continue to maintain the high cleaning and sanitizing protocols for which we are known. We stay abreast of updates and continue to meet the latest guidance from the CDC on hygiene and cleaning. As per the guidance, we have implemented a medical-grade disinfectant fogging system as an additional precautionary step during these uncertain times. Rest assured knowing that our hotel’s hygiene measures address a broad spectrum of health risks, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Out of respect for all guests and for our team, we thank you for being mindful of social distancing and for wearing a mask while inside the inn. You are not required to do so inside your suite, room or while enjoying breakfast.
Breakfast Measures: Our highly praised 2- and 3-course breakfast can be enjoyed in our Dining Room with limited and distanced seating, or within the Master Suite, the Gables Suite or the Stedman Suite if that is the suite in which you are staying.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocols: Further Details
Our team members are thoroughly trained, briefed and regularly updated on any changes to our cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Common areas with high traffic such as our Foyer, the Dining Room, the Music Room, the Powder Room and the Sleeping Porch Lounge are sanitized more frequently using hospital-grade disinfectants and products proven to be effective against COVID-19 based on advanced hygiene standards. Our kitchen and appliances are sanitized following the latest Fulton County Health Department protocols, always ensuring correct disinfection and decontamination.
Actions We Are Taking:
- Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remote controls, thermostats, charging stations and telephones are sanitized prior to each guest check-in. Our medical-grade disinfectant fogging system is deployed using cold temperature electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
- Suspension of daily housekeeping in accommodation rooms and suites for the safety of guests and team members by minimizing contact. Exceptions are made upon request; please note guests may not be present while we service and disinfect a guestroom and a $10 service charge will be applied to offset costs of the hospital-grade disinfectant fogging used.
- Check-In: Every effort is made to ensure our check-in process is a safe and expedited experience. Door keys are fully sanitized between guests, and we provide express check-out to minimize contact.
- Guest-Accessible Anti-Bacterial Gel: We have placed disinfectant gel in each guest room/suite for guest personal use, and disinfectant gel has been placed throughout the property for everyone’s use.
- De-clutter Paper Amenities: Magazines have been removed from guest rooms and suites, and the in-room guest A-Z Directory is available on your device using our digitized guest information system.
- Food & Beverage Service: Our food handling standards and serving options have been updated to safely delivery the delicious breakfast and treats for which Stonehurst Place is known. Guests are seated in a socially distanced manner and table settings are sanitized after each guest visit.
- Training and Personal Protective Equipment: Hotel team members are provided with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including masks and gloves, and are further trained to protect their well-being as they continue to deliver the highest standards Stonehurst Place is known for. In compliance with CDC guidelines and to protect everyone’s health, all team members receive continuous training in health/cleaning protocols and procedures. For guests and team members, in case of suspected infection we will isolate the individual, provide personal protective equipment to avoid transmitting any infection, and contact 911 for local emergency services.
- Water Purification & Air Quality Protocols: Surface and handling areas are kept extremely clean, and our air and water purification systems are controlled more than ever.
- Clean and Clean Again: Increase the frequency of cleaning common areas.
High-Touch, Deep Clean Areas in Guest Rooms and Suites:
- SWITCHES ELECTRONIC CONTROLS: Lights, lamps, switches and electronic controls.
- HANDLES KNOBS: Doors, drawers, closets, furniture knobs and drapery pulls.
- BED BEDDING: All bed linens including duvet covers, bedspreads, pillowcases and sheets.
- BATHROOM SURFACES: Towel racks and bars, toilet flush panels/handles and seats, shower and tub controls; sink faucets, bowls and counters.
- BATHROOM AMENITIES: Toiletries, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays and hair dryer.
- CLIMATE CONTROL PANELS: All function buttons.
- TELEPHONES, REMOTE CONTROLS AND CLOCKS: Handsets, dial pads and function buttons.
- HARD SURFACES: Tables, mantles, desks and nightstands.
- CLOSET ITEMS: Iron, safe handle and keypad.
- IN-ROOM FOOD & BEVERAGE: Refreshment glass- and serve-ware.
Guests are asked to regularly wash their hands as recommended by the CDC or to use the hand sanitizer placed in-room and around the property. For the comfort and safety of all guests and staff, please observe social distancing of six feet and comply with any staff reminders to do so.
If you start to feel unwell during your time in the hotel, we would please ask you to return to your room or suite immediately, inform one of our General Managers, and follow CDC advice to gain medical assistance.