Do you ever wish you could get away for a while and leaving all your stress and worries in the rear-view mirror? A Houston to Atlanta road trip is a great way to do it! Sure, you could book a flight, but where’s the fun in that? We’ll show you how to get from point A to point B in style, with plenty of cool stops along the way. There’s just one thing you can’t leave home without — our free Travel Guide! Open it up to discover gourmet restaurants, must-see shows, art galleries, and more throughout Midtown Atlanta. Your road trip isn’t complete without it!
Planning the Ultimate Houston to Atlanta Road Trip
How to Get There
The shortest route from Houston to Atlanta takes you along I-10 E for the majority of your 800-mile drive, and the journey is almost as fun as the destination! It takes about 11 hours to get to Atlanta. You’ll drive through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and finally, Georgia.
Points of Interest
You don’t need to conquer all 800 miles at once. In fact, we recommend taking several breaks to stretch your legs and see fascinating destinations along the way. Here are some options:
- Beaumont, TX: See what life was like 100 years ago at the Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum.
- Lake Charles, LA: Tour the Mardi Gras Museum of Imperial Calcasieu and explore the history behind this iconic celebration.
- Lafayette, LA: This is a great place to grab a meal. The local seafood and Cajun flavors are outstanding!
- Baton Rouge, LA: A wide variety of museums and historical sites await in the capital of Louisiana!
- Mobile, AL: Enjoy the coastal vibes and military history of Mobile before continuing to I-65 N.
- Montgomery, AL: Take one more pit stop in Montgomery for a lesson in the American Civil Rights Movement.
What to Do When You Arrive
Before you know it, you’re in Atlanta where the real fun begins! After receiving a warm welcome and dropping off your bags at Stonehurst Place, get out and explore the city. Some must-see attractions near our inn include Ponce City Market, World of Coca-Cola, the Atlanta Botanical Garden, and the High Museum of Art. A visit to Midtown Atlanta isn’t complete without trying our cuisine, so grab a table at our favorite restaurants while you’re here!
Book Your Stay at Stonehurst Place!
The luxury and elegance of Stonehurst Place is a welcome sight after spending all that time in a car. We’re happy to show you to your room or suite, give a tour of our historic inn, and treat you to freshly baked goodies when you arrive. Leave your car at the inn, because the best things to do in Atlanta are within walking distance!
Settle into the Piedmont Room for some well-deserved relaxation after your drive. A warm fireplace and a bed with seven layers of luxurious linens await you inside. When you’re not marveling at the original artwork, open the curtains and gaze out at the city. In the morning, wake up with a gourmet breakfast to delight your palate and get you ready for the new day!
Book your stay at Stonehurst Place and complete the perfect Houston to Atlanta road trip!